Coding is one of the highest art forms achieved by mankind; an idea - just an electrical impulse - is made real in an alternate electronic universe; the created idea however, does not have physical form, and yet can change the physical world; it cannot be touched, and yet may touch all mankind.
Work ExperienceModule Descriptor
- Portfolio: Preparatory Assignments and Placement Diary - 50%
- Preparatory Study 01: (Letter of Application &) CV
- Preparatory Study 02: Local employers
- Preparatory Study 03: Letter of Application (& CV)
- Preparatory Study 04: National & international employers
- Preparatory Study 05: Work Placement Details 2015
- Placement Diary
- Supervisor's Report - 30%
- This is a standardised sheet, listing categories under which the employer may rate you from Excellent to Unsatisfactory. Where inappropriate to your workplace, the employer may dismiss a category as Unable to Assess.
- This sheet may be found in the module descriptor under the title Supervisors Report. It's well worth being highly familiar with this as it is the single largest allocation of marks, and indicates areas under which you are assessed in the workplace.
- Before going on placement you must complete and return the placement details form. NB: 1 form should be completed for each location/company where you will do your placement, totalling a minimum of 10 days. Failure to provide all contact details/forms will prevent contact with the workplace(s) if this is required and therefore may prevent the completion of the supervisiors report(s). This in turn may lead to failure in this core module and non-achievement of the main award. Compliance is the responsibility of the candidate. The form is above.
- General Assignment - 20%