Coding is one of the highest art forms achieved by mankind; an idea - just an electrical impulse - is made real in an alternate electronic universe; the created idea however, does not have physical form, and yet can change the physical world; it cannot be touched, and yet may touch all mankind.
Computer Architecture & Systems
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.
Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address
Read about The Abacus.
The TechWeb encyclopaedia site can be used to define terms you don't understand. If you just want technical news, go here. Another good source of news is byte.com. Click here to read Silicon Republic (Irish based)
- Storage Capacity & Secondary Storage
- Main Memory
- Data Transmission
- Bandwidths Listing (Wikipedia)
- Network Layouts (Topologies):
- 4 Layer Practical Ethernet TCP/IP (Internet) Model:
- Migrating to Linux
- The UK National Museum of Computing"
- Bletchley Park
- A map of the IPv4 internet that makes sense... (sort of)
- You may have to think about it.....
- Data Protection Act - not to be confused with:
- Freedom of Information Act
- From 1960: this covers some fundamentals of how we still do things now:
- Combined Studies Project: - Home office for a digital business.